Sunday, February 8, 2009

Camera Critters #44

A couple of mornings ago, I noticed Kalea Kitty staring at something on our front deck. She was chattering her teeth and twitching her tail so I knew she was excited about something!

At first I thought she was looking at this guy...

But when I followed her line of sight I noticed this Northern Flicker hanging nearly upside-down on the bottom of the bird feeder. Luckily my camera was nearby and I was able to take a couple of pictures before the Flicker flew away. (You can enlarge the image by clicking on the photo.)

Click here to see more Camera Critters!

12 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

What a capture!! Awesome!!

Carolina said...

Oh wow, nice photos! Beautiful critters these are.

i beati said...

just sheeer beauty all of them Sandy

June said...

I can just imagine her excitement! Great get of both bird and squirrel...

Dianne said...

she has quite the show out there doesn't she!

I can always tell when Siren sees something, his tail thumps from side to side - really hard

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

She's certainly got plenty of wildlife to watch! :D

Jane Hards Photography said...

All beautiful but the bird like That is an amazIng catch.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Great shots! It looks like kitty had his eye on a couple of things. ;o)

Ice Pony Girl said...

Loved all of them. Your cat has pretty eyes!

ratmammy said...

duh.. i was checking TROOPER'S blog for the CC.. no wonder I couldn't find it!! I don't think i've ever heard Bob or Blackie chitter!!!

Bruce said...

Fabulous shot of the bird & I think I'm in love with your beautiful kitty:)

storyteller said...

What wonderful 'critter' captures this week! I bet you've got LOTS of snow ... wish we could SEE it from here but the clouds are too thick.
Hugs and blessings,