Saturday, November 15, 2008

Camera Critters #32

Hi everybody... Trooper here! My dad took me hiking a couple of weeks ago along the Siberia Creek trail. No, we didn't hike all the way to Siberia... the trail is right here in the San Bernardino Mountains close to where we live! Here's a description from one of my dad's guidebooks. Siberia Creek Trail: 7 miles; very difficult. Altitude drop of 3,000 ft. This trail begins at the end of the Lodgepole Trail. It can be reached by using the Lodgepole Pine Trail or the Bluff Mesa Trail and terminates at Bear Creek near the Siberia Group Camp.

Here I am waiting for my dad to bring up the rear (as usual). He sure is a slowpoke but I cut him some slack because he's carrying a big backpack with all of our gear and the most important thing... my food and water! If you enlarge the photo you can see how wet I am. We had to hike through a rain storm but that's okay. I'm not made out of sugar... I won't melt! A little bit of rain never hurt anybody!

Can you see me in this photo? (You can click on the picture to make it bigger.) I'm the black blob in the lower left hand corner standing on the trail with my back to the camera.

I found this nice shady spot along the trail to take a little rest.

It sure is fun bringing all of you along on these hikes with me! My dad continues to buy camping equipment... (a tent, a sleeping bag, a stove and pots & pans). I think that means we're going to go on an overnight trip soon! I'll keep you posted... Love, Trooper

Click here to see more wonderful Camera Critters!

19 comments:

ratmammy said...

you know, he's gotten so big but he's still got that puppy dog look on his face! waagh... does he remind you of tazzy every day?

bobbie said...

Gee, Trooper, you and your human sure do have fun.

??? said...

That looks like a lot of fun, I'd love to hike there.

Misty DawnS said...

Trooper - you are such a fantastic hiking guide! I'd go on a hike with you any day!

Rhea said...

Trooper's really been growing!! What a beautiful trail. Nice photos!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Trooper always looks so happy and is a wonderful virtual tpur guide.

Tootie said...

Gee, Trooper sure is a great writer. :-)

ChrissyM said...

Trooper really seems to enjoy his hikes. By the sounds of it he's wishing for an overnight trip. Great post. What a good looking dog.

Julie said...

trooper,you are a beautiful dog and the hike looked like great fun.

Anonymous said...

Trooper is certainly a travelling dog.

Kay said...

Thanks for taking us on your hike, Trooper. Sadly, I think that's the only exercise I'm getting today.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Trooper. It must have been a fun and exciting hike. I could tell you love the outdoors very much.

Roan said...

What a lucky dog you are! Great adventure series.

Cathy said...

I love Trooper!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Trooper: You sure go to some cool places.

Margaret Cloud said...

Trooper, looks like a fun trail and very pretty, I am glad you had fun. Thanks for coming by

i beati said...

You are a very lucky dog what outstnading surroundings The right dog for the right place !! sandy

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

Sounds like an AWESOME place to hike! Gotta LOVE California for that scenery! The pictures are awesome :D

Indrani said...

That sounds like awesome fun.