Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camera Critters #14

A few weeks ago I introduced you to Striker... a beautiful Clydesdale who was in training to pull a carriage through our little mountain village. In the photo below Striker is in the foreground while his girlfriend Pauline is standing next to him.

Here's Pauline taking a break, chewing on a leaf and minding her own business. Being the incredibly witty person that I am... I decided to ask "why the long face Pauline?"

She responded with a horse laugh and a whinny which was quite unexpected. (Usually no one laughs at my jokes.)

I don't recall their names but these two horses are stablemates of Striker and Pauline. The stage coach driver is Keli. (Late breaking news... I was just informed that Keli was selected 2008 Miss Clementine at our Old Miner's Days festivities today while her younger sister Kailyn won first place in the Junior Miss division. Their father Michael won the Best Dressed Western division. Congratulations to all!)

I hope you enjoyed meeting Striker and Pauline. Click here to join in on the Camera Critters fun!

12 comments:

Roan said...

Magnificent creatures!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ollie: What a fun post with those great horses.

bcmomtoo said...

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them. I love Clydesdales. They're so gorgeous.

ratmammy said...

lots of great horses up your way... but where is Trooper? do miss the trooper posts!

Jules said...

I love Clydesdales. They are so big and grand and elegant.

Christy said...

Gorgeous pics of the horses. You reminded me that I planned to take a horse drawn carriage ride in a small german town (Frankenmuth) this Christmas season. I'm excited now. Thanks for the perk up.

Kay said...

Gosh, they look huuuge!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Lovely close up series. Horses always look at little barmy to me, but fun.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for introducing those beautiful animals!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful horses - I saw them when I was little in St Louis, Missouri - great shots.

Misty DawnS said...

Bwahahahaha - I loved the joke bit! Pauline is quite a beauty!

ShannonW said...

Such beautiful horses! Thank you for helping us to meet them.